UKEAS Worldwide Limited
Published January 4, 2021
1. Who are we?
UKEAS Worldwide Limited
UKEAS is an education consultancy that provides free, impartial, comprehensive, and friendly counseling and application services for international students wishing to study abroad. UKEAS has accrued a great deal of experience in assisting students to meet their study goals. We provide all the services related to Study Abroad, inter alia, visa counseling, pre-departure briefings, arrangements for accommodation, and flights.
Phone: + 886 2 2778 2600
2. What information is collected and how?
You may visit our site anonymously. When you engage with us (e.g. sending us emails, contacting us via telephone, or visiting or making an enquiry through the Website), you may provide Personal Information about yourself including your name and contact details (e.g. your address, email address, and telephone number). Where you make use of our Site, we may also collect information about your use of the Site (e.g. your IP address and choice of web browser). Some of this Personal Information is collected and processed for the purpose of legal compliance and some for the purposes of our legitimate business interests (namely to carry out and improve our business, analyze the use of our Site and services and support our staff).
3. UKEAS' Exhibitions and Online events
UKEAS will never share your contact information unless you have given us consent to do so or we have a lawful right to do so. If after having given us your consent to share your contact information with the universities/institutions you change your mind, you can opt-out by contacting us at the contact information in clause 1.
If you choose to register through our website to the Study World Exhibitions or any other Exhibition offered by UKEAS, personal data to and on behalf of you will be processed. Basic contact details are collected such as full name, e-mail address, phone number, gender, preferred language, an account password, country of interest for studying, and course interested in.
The purpose of the exhibition is to provide relevant information about the universities/institutions of your interest. Thus, at the end of the registration process, you will be assigned a QR code. During the exhibition, you will have the opportunity to meet with universities/institutions representatives. By scanning your QR code with a specific university/institution, UKEAS will be able to track the Universities/Institutions of your interest. Prior consent, by an opt-in option on the registration page, UKEAS may share your contact information with those Universities/Institutions, and they will be able to send some marketing communications and related information.
UKEAS’ Online Events
Similarly, if you choose to register through our website for the online events offered by UKEAS, like webinars and one-to-one interviews, personal data to and on behalf of you will be processed. Basic contact details are collected such as full name, e-mail address, phone number, gender, preferred language, an account password, country of interest for studying, and course interested in.
The purpose of the online events is to provide relevant information about the universities/institutions of your interest. Prior consent, by an opt-in option on the registration page, UKEAS may share your contact information with those Universities/Institutions, and they will be able to send some marketing communications and related information.
4. How the information is used?
UKEAS’ purpose is to offer a fully comprehensive free, impartial, and friendly counseling and application service to our students wishing to study abroad. (Including visa counseling, pre-departure briefings, arrangements for accommodation, and flights.) Therefore, the student is our main priority. Following this purpose, the information we collect from you will be used for:
- Supply the services you have requested and correspond with you,
- Provide support to you in respect of these services,
- To improve our website and services. UKEAS continually strives to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from our students,
- For our internal business processes, including providing support to our staff,
- Where relevant, process your application for cooperation/employment.
- Where you have explicitly consented at the time we collected your Personal Information or where we otherwise have a right to do so, we may also use your Personal Information to let you know about our services that may be of interest to you and/or inform you about important changes or developments to our services, by post, telephone, and e-mail.
- From time to time, we may also use your Personal Information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, or mail. This will only happen where you have opted-in to receive such communications.
You may also opt-out of receiving marketing emails from us by following the instructions outlined in any marketing email you receive from us.
5. Legal Basis
6. How we store and protect your information?
UKEAS takes the following organizational measures to protect your personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration, unauthorized use, unauthorized modification, disclosure, and against all other unlawful forms of processing:
- UKEAS stores personal data electronically within the organization in computers, locked with a personal password; and in internal database software that asks for the username and password for accessing.
- The data is processed until the provision of services is over, in which time all data is deleted or returned at request.
- Access to personal data is restricted to individually authorized personnel. All the information received from the students is kept by our Counsellor for the purpose of providing the service. Only the counsellor, Officer Manager, Global Marketing Manager, Head of Partnerships, and one Finance Officer have access to the student’s information.
- All UKEAS staff are subjected to a duty of confidence.
- Multiple backups are kept in a safe and secure location and only accessible by senior IT staff. The backups are only kept for a maximum of 5 weeks and are then deleted.
- UKEAS does not process special categories of personal data, stated in Article 9 of the GDPR.
- UKEAS has implemented the following procedure for notifying a personal data breach:
- Recognize a personal data breach.
- Preparing a response plan for addressing any personal data breaches that occur.
- Allocating responsibility for managing breaches.
- Escalating a security incident to the appropriate person or team in our organization to determine whether a breach has occurred.
UKEAS will always keep you informed about changes to the processes to protect data privacy and security, including practices and policies. You may at any time request information on where and how data is stored, secured, and used.
7. Opt-Out Policy
Sharing with Third Parties
UKEAS will never share your contact information unless you have given us consent to do so. Therefore, with your consent, we may disclose your information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If you would like to opt-out of such disclosure, please contact us at the contact information in Clause 1.
If you don’t want UKEAS to disclose your contact information after registering/attending any of our Exhibitions, please, on the registration page, opt-out of such disclosure by checking the box that indicates that you do not agree to share your contact information. If you change your mind at any time, you can contact us at the contact information in Clause 1 and request to opt-out or opt-in such disclosure.
What Are Cookies?
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of this site. Therefore, it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
The Cookies we Set
- This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solutions on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content. For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
- We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work the following social media sites including; Facebook will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
9. Request for rectification, restriction, or erasure of the personal data
You may at any time obtain without undue delay rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you.
You may at any time request UKEAS to restrict the processing of personal data.
You may without undue delay request the erasure of personal data concerning you, and UKEAS shall erase the personal data without undue delay.